Haryana government proposes an optional self-certification scheme for the welfare of the workers and employers/entrepreneurs. The draft scheme has been released in the public domain for comments and suggestions on 2nd January 2015.
Highlights of the scheme:
- The primary aim is to limit excessive visits of government officials for inspection( for those who have opted for the scheme,)
- Factories or establishments opting for the scheme would be subject to random inspection to check if they are complying with labour laws.
- Once the unit is inspected, it would get a clearance for five years, unless there a gross violation reported. In the event of any dangerous occurrences, inspection maybe conducted anytime, after the authorization of the Labour Commissioner-Cum-Chief Inspector Of Factories, Haryana.
- Those who opt out the scheme would be inspected as per existing departmental inspection policy.
- Factories licensed under the Factories Act, 1948, would be eligible for the scheme.
- Major accident hazard units shall not be covered
- After the successful completion/compliance of the five years the employer/entrepreneur would have the option to opt out or continue being covered.
Read more on the scheme here